One Pan Healthy Sausage, Sweet Potato & Veggies
- Serving Size4
- 2 c approximately 2 large carrots
- 2 c approximately 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 1/3 c approximately 1 small-medium zucchini
- 2 c approximately 2 red peppers
- 1 1/2 c approximately 1 head broccoli
- 16 oz chicken sausage
For the seasoning:
- 1/2 T of each: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of each: onion powder, dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/3 c Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
- 3 T approved oil
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper (easy clean-up) and set aside.
Prep the veggies: It is important to prep the veggies according to directions to ensure they all cook at the same time.
Peel and very thinly slice the carrots. Wash and (if desired peel) chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes.
Halve the zucchini lengthwise and then cut thick coins of zucchini. Coarsely chop the broccoli. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into medium-sized pieces. Chop the sausage into thick coins.
Pour all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan.
In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings and salt and pepper if desired (I use about 1/8 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt) with the approved oil. Stir to combine.
Pour the seasoning & oil mixture on top of the veggies and sausage and thoroughly toss to coat.
Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss around the veggies and sausage and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
Remove and top, if desired, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Serve on top quinoa, if desired. (Also great plain!)
Recipe adapted from: chelseasmessyapron.com
- Appetizers (32)
- Bacon (33)
- Beef (33)
- Beverage (1)
- Breads (4)
- Breakfast (38)
- Chicken (91)
- Condiments (8)
- Crockpot Recipes (21)
- Desserts (45)
- Egg (44)
- Fish (16)
- Holiday Recipes (29)
- Instant Pot (11)
- Main Courses (188)
- Pork (16)
- Salads (15)
- Sausage (13)
- Shrimp (3)
- Side Dishes (30)
- Snacks (27)
- Soups (20)
- Spirits (1)
- Turkey (25)