Italian Sausage and Sundried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms
- YieldMakes 12 large or 24 small
- 2 T approved oil
- 12 medium size mushrooms or 24 small
- 1/4 c very finely chopped sundried tomatoes (You can buy them in a bag and rehydrate them in warm water)
- 1/2 c sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 c freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or 1 T finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 links mild or medium Italian sausage (nitrate-free)
- *Optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat your oven to 375 F.
Prepare your mushrooms by removing the stems and scooping out a little of the center to make room for your stuffing.
Chop the stems finely and save to add to the stuffing.
Remove sausage from their casings by cutting a slit down the center and squeezing out the meat discard casings and sauté sausage in approved oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
Add onion and mushroom stems and sauté until onion is translucent and soft.
Add in all other ingredients and stir until cheese begins to melt.
Fill the mixture into the mushroom caps and drizzle with approved oil.
Bake for about 30 minutes until stuffing begins to brown.
Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Recipe adapted from: ameessavorydish.com
- Appetizers (32)
- Bacon (33)
- Beef (33)
- Beverage (1)
- Breads (4)
- Breakfast (38)
- Chicken (91)
- Condiments (8)
- Crockpot Recipes (21)
- Desserts (45)
- Egg (44)
- Fish (16)
- Holiday Recipes (29)
- Instant Pot (11)
- Main Courses (188)
- Pork (16)
- Salads (15)
- Sausage (13)
- Shrimp (3)
- Side Dishes (30)
- Snacks (27)
- Soups (20)
- Spirits (1)
- Turkey (25)