Pan Roasted Butternut Squash with Red Onion and Turnip
We just love a flavorful side. This side is just bursting with flavor thanks to our own Amanda McClellan and her creative kitchen prowess!
A simple dinner compliment that’s a party for the taste buds AND the eyes, this will make a beautiful addition to your next dinner.
We’d love for you to try it and let us know your thoughts. We hope you love it as much as we do!
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed (1-2” cubes – a mandolin works great for uniform cubes)
- 2 Red Onions, diced (you can use other onion varieties, but the red onion adds nice color to the dish)
- 2 Turnips, peeled and cubed into small cubes – the mandolin works great for this, too (you could use parsnips in place of the turnips)
- 3 Tbs. Avocado Oil
- 2-2 ½ tsp Rosemary (you can use a little more or less here, depending on how much rosemary you prefer, but rosemary makes the flavor of the dish)
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper – to taste – this will vary for each palate
Preheat oven to 375*
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Wash and dice the butternut squash, onions, and turnips.
Transfer the diced butternut squash, onions, and turnips to a large bowl
Drizzle the avocado oil over the diced veggies.
Add rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Toss or stir to coat the veggies evenly with oil and spices.
(If you have a large bowl that has a lid, it’s perfect to use for this. Just place lid over the top once you’ve drizzled the oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper over them and toss to coat well.)
Transfer to the cookie sheet and spread out evenly for roasting.
Place cookie sheet with diced veggies into the oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, take out and, with a spatula, flip as much of the mixture as possible so that the sides can roast/brown as evenly as possible.
Roast for an additional 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, and, if roasted to your satisfaction (I like my butternut squash to be visibly browned a bit.), transfer to a serving dish and ENJOY!
Recipe by Amanda McClellan
- Appetizers (32)
- Bacon (33)
- Beef (33)
- Beverage (1)
- Breads (4)
- Breakfast (38)
- Chicken (91)
- Condiments (8)
- Crockpot Recipes (21)
- Desserts (45)
- Egg (44)
- Fish (16)
- Holiday Recipes (29)
- Instant Pot (11)
- Main Courses (188)
- Pork (16)
- Salads (15)
- Sausage (13)
- Shrimp (3)
- Side Dishes (30)
- Snacks (27)
- Soups (20)
- Spirits (1)
- Turkey (25)